Final numbers are in for Friday’s SmackDown on Fox — and the show averaged 2.262 million viewers.
Aside from the Christmas night episode that had an NFL lead-in, this was the best viewership for SmackDown since November 20. The viewership for Friday’s SmackDown was up 6.7 percent from the previous week.
SmackDown allowed Fox to finish out of the bottom spot for the night among the networks as NBC, with its coverage of the US Figure Skating Championships, averaged just 2.146 million viewers.
In the 18-49 demo, SmackDown drew a 0.67 rating. That’s also the show’s second-best number since November 20. The rating was up 19.6 percent from the previous week.
SmackDown finished second in the 18-49 demo behind ABC’s Shark Tank and beat everything on cable aside from an NBA game that drew a 0.7 rating.
In the 18-34 demo, SmackDown drew a 0.36 rating, which was up 16.1 percent from the previous week. That topped all network programming and was third on all of television behind two NBA games on ESPN.
Year-over-year, SmackDown was down 11.7 percent in total viewers, 16.3 percent in the 18-49 demo, and 28 percent in 18-34, so the show is definitely skewing older than at this point last year.