A second woman has accused Luc Besson, the French film director, of sexual assault, two months after a young actress alleged he had raped her, the investigative website Mediapart reported.
A 49-year-old casting director claims the director assaulted her "every time I took the lift with him,” and that he also demanded sexual favours from her on set, according to Mediapart.
Two other women also told Mediapart that Besson "behaved inappropriately" with them. One actress was quoted as saying she had to escape from a casting in his Paris office on her hands and knees.
Police are investigating Mr Besson after a 27-year-old actress filed a rape complaint against him in May. The director denied what he described at the time as “fantasist accusations”.
Responding to the fresh allegations, Thierry Marembert, Mr Besson’s lawyer, told Mediapart that the director “categorically denies any type of reprehensible or inappropriate behaviour. Mr Besson is reserving his answers for the investigators so that his innocence can be shown.”
Known for box office hits such as Léon and The Fifth Element, Mr Besson is an influential figure in the French film industry.
He was France’s highest-paid director last year.
Mediapart said the casting director, who asked to remain anonymous, wrote to the public prosecutor on July 6, giving details of sexual attacks to which she “was both a witness and a victim.”
However, AFP reported that prosecutors said on Tuesday that they had not received new complaints.
Click Here: cheap nsw blues jersey
The actress who made the first complaint against Mr Besson told Mediapart that she felt pressured into sex with him to keep her roles in his films.
The new allegations are the latest of many that have emerged against powerful men in the film industry since Harvey Weinstein, the Hollywood producer, was accused of a series of sexual assaults last year, triggering the #MeToo movement. Mr Weinstein denies the allegations.