Sami Zayn was placed on the shelf earlier this year due to an injury that has kept him out for months. Zayn underwent double shoulder surgery, and there is currently no exact date for his return as of now, though he is hoping to be back at some point in early 2019. Zayn is on the road to recovery though, and he has taken the time to talk about the rehab process on Twitter. The Raw Superstar just posted a tweet informing fans that he is learning from the injury and actually sees it as somewhat of a blessing in disguise. The former NXT Champion also says that the injury gave new meaning to the world around him. Sami Zayn was working in a tag team with Kevin Owens, and involved in a solo feud with Bobby Lashley prior to the injury.
Double shoulder surgery isn’t fun, but I see the whole experience as a gift.
Time off wrestling gave me perspective, about myself and the world around me.
Honest introspection/critical reflection is SO valuable, and it costs nothing.
To heal the world, we must heal ourselves.
— Sami Zayn (@SamiZayn) December 14, 2018
Edge and Christian’s days in the wrestling ring may be long behind them now, but the duo are back on WWE television once again as the second season of The Edge and Christian Show is currently underway on the WWE Network. Fans of the tag team can catch their latest antics on the network each Monday night immediately after Raw goes off the air, and the two of them are still hosting their very own E&C Pod of Awesomeness as well. It appears now that Christian has just signed on for another project with the History Channel. The former World Heavyweight Champion confirmed earlier today that he will be the host for the new “Knight Fight” series, which will be premiering on the channel on January 23rd, 2019 at 9pm ET.
Excited to announce I’ll be hosting #KnightFight a new show that premiers January 23rd on @HISTORY at 10/9. It’s intense, hard hitting, badass action where competitors using authentic armor & weaponry put it all on the line! ?? pic.twitter.com/YlMhTCXBAv
— Jay ‘Christian’ Reso (@Christian4Peeps) December 14, 2018
Ring of Honor and New Japan Pro Wrestling will be making history this April when they run their sold out joint G1 Supercard event in Madison Square Garden in New York City. It is hard to believe that the members of The Elite won’t be involved in the event, but the members of the group have repeatedly said that they are on their way out of both promotions. When asked why he won’t be competing at the G1 Supercard during an interview with Sports Illustrated, Cody Rhodes said that he won’t be able to make the show, and that the weekend in New York is meant for WWE fans to celebrate WrestleMania 35. Cody and the other members of The Elite are rumored to be launching their very own All Elite Wrestling promotion next year.
“I think [Greg Gilleland] is a revolutionary in how he allows talent to play with
without overproducing. But I can’t imagine me being on that particular
show. After two ‘supercards’ and breaking my back essentially against
Kenny last year, it still can’t change the fact that people are in town
for WWE. ROH and NJPW sold that building out and that is massive and
special and I love that they did it, but had they did it on another
weekend, I’d be more likely to be featured on it. After 10 years with
WWE doing ’Mania weekend and two more with ROH, I am leaving that
weekend for the boys and girls of the WWE.” Cody said.