It’s that time of the year when you can tell people exactly how you feel with shitty gifts. Because shitty people need to know exactly what they are. The annoying sibling, the frenemie, the can-never-mind-their-own-business relative… ah, the list goes on. Even if it’s just for laughs, do go through the list and you never know, you might find something for someone. Only hope is you’re not at the receiving end.
1. A DNA test
If you’ve told your sibling they’re adopted, it’s time for them to put it to test. “Gifts for the family historian,” read an ad for a Helix testing kit according to Gizmodo. “They can build a family tree, learn all about their ancestors, and take inspiration from the lives they led,” claims yet another kit purveyor, Ancestry. The look on your brother’s face… priceless. Get it here.
2. Sad lap pillow for your ‘forever alone’ single friend
The world gave us the ‘boyfriend arm’ pillow, then how could the ‘girlfriend’s lap’ cushion be far behind? Where my idiot single friends at? Get the arm pillow here, and the lap pillow here.
3. A calendar for a year that’s already gone
… so they know all the days we could’ve done without seeing their face. *Whispers* … the whole year. You know, while you’re at it, throw in a couple more old calendars in there.
4. Bad, romantic novels for the literary snob
Yeah, you know who you are.
5. Desi cookbooks for the Martha Stewart wannabe
Besides, reading about cooking first might do everyone a little bit of good.
6. VHS tapes for the pretentious tech snob
7. Toilet paper with their face on it
8. The loudest megaphone for the Devil’s spawn that is your neighbour’s kid
So the parents know where the little shit is at all times.
9. An embarrassingly bright, neon ‘man-kini’ for your ultra-macho-also-shithead male friend
They may never wear it, but you’ll know they have it.
10. For the idiot who needs to learn some manners
We all know one. Get it here.
11. Potato chips pillow for the couch potato
So they can lay in bed, crave potato chips but only have the pillow to chew on. Get it here.
Since you stayed till the end, here’s a little bonus: reallybadgift.com. This website is where all bad gifts come to live and they need a loving new home. Visit, why don’t you?
AD: Remit Money
Send money online, remit money to India!
I can’t arrange Rs 12 lakh for my daughter’s chemo, help me.
7 bollywood celebrities with royal background
AD: 90s Kids Only
This is the Real Reason ‘Bewitched’ Was Taken off Air!
Remember Tiger Woods’ Ex-Wife? Take A Deep Breath Before You See Her Now
AD: HSI Online